According to BUSINESSCARRIERS, Ropesville, Texas is located in the panhandle of Texas and is a small city with a population of just over 5,000. It is situated in Hockley County and is surrounded by flat plains and rolling hills. The climate in Ropesville tends to be mild throughout the year, with temperatures ranging from the high 60s to low 90s during the summer months and 40s to 50s during the winter months.
The history of Ropesville dates back to 1879 when it was first founded by cattle ranchers. Since then, it has grown into a small but thriving town that has served as an important hub for the local agricultural industry. In recent years, Ropesville has become more diverse with a growing number of businesses and services.
Politically, Ropesville leans towards conservative values and is represented by Republican leaders at both local and national levels. The economy of Ropesville is largely based on agriculture and ranching, as well as other industries such as retail, healthcare, education, technology, tourism and manufacturing.
The schools in Ropesville are part of the Hockley County Independent School District (HCISD) which provides excellent educational opportunities for its students. There are several elementary schools within the district along with one middle school and one high school. In addition to these schools there are also several private schools in the area providing additional educational opportunities for students from all backgrounds.
Finally, there are several notable landmarks located around Ropesville that visitors can explore including The Old Courthouse Museum which houses artifacts from early settlers of Hockley County; Wildcat Bluff Nature Center which offers hiking trails; Pioneer Park which features a playground; and The Old Windmill Park which provides stunning views of the surrounding countryside.
Population: 517. Estimated population in July 2020: 524 (+1.4% change)
Males: 260 (50.3%), Females: 257 (49.7%)
Zip code: 79358
Median resident age: 32.7 years
Median household income: $29,531
Median house value: $24,200
Races in Ropesville:
- Hispanic (53.2%)
- White Non-Hispanic (43.9%)
- Other race (6.0%)
- Two or more races (3.5%)
- Black (2.1%)
- American Indian (1.4%)
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
Ancestries: United States (15.7%), Irish (6.4%), English (4.8%), German (3.5%).
Land area: 0.4 square miles
Ropesville, Texas is a small town located in the northwest corner of the state. It has a population of just over 1,000 people and is known for its friendly atmosphere and relaxed lifestyle. The majority of the population is white (around 80%) with a small Hispanic minority (around 20%). There are also smaller numbers of African Americans, Asians, and other ethnicities. Most people living in Ropesville are employed in agriculture or related industries such as ranching, farming, and food processing. Education levels are generally low; only about 30% of adults have obtained at least some college education. The median household income for Ropesville residents is about $34,000 per year.
Ropesville has a unique history that dates back to the late 1800s when it was founded by two brothers from Tennessee who were looking to establish a new life in Texas. Since then, the town has remained relatively unchanged with only minor growth occurring over the years. Despite its small size, Ropesville offers a variety of amenities including an elementary school, library, post office, grocery store, and several restaurants and bars. There are also numerous churches throughout the town representing various denominations such as Baptist, Methodist, Catholic and Lutheran faiths. Residents enjoy spending time outdoors taking advantage of nearby parks and lakes for recreational activities like fishing or boating.
For population 25 years and over in Ropesville
- High school or higher: 66.6%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 7.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.2%
- Unemployed: 1.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 18.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Ropesville city
- Never married: 19.4%
- Now married: 63.1%
- Separated: 2.4%
- Widowed: 7.4%
- Divorced: 7.7%
4.1% Foreign born (4.1% Latin America).
Population change in the 1990s: +22 (+4.4%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Ropesville:
- SUNRISE CANYON HOSPITAL (about 20 miles; LUBBOCK, TX)
- BROWNFIELD REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 21 miles; BROWNFIELD, TX)
- COVENANT CHILDREN HOSPITAL (about 22 miles; LUBBOCK, TX)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Ropesville:
- LUBBOCK INTL (about 29 miles; LUBBOCK, TX; Abbreviation: LBB)
- LEA COUNTY RGNL (about 89 miles; HOBBS, NM; Abbreviation: HOB)
- MIDLAND INTERNATIONAL (about 102 miles; MIDLAND, TX; Abbreviation: MAF)
Other public-use airports nearest to Ropesville:
- LEVELLAND MUNI (about 17 miles; LEVELLAND, TX; Abbreviation: Q24)
- TERRY COUNTY (about 18 miles; BROWNFIELD, TX; Abbreviation: Q26)
- TOWN & COUNTRY AIRPARK (about 26 miles; LUBBOCK, TX; Abbreviation: F82)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Ropesville:
- SOUTH PLAINS COLLEGE (about 23 miles; LEVELLAND, TX; Full-time enrollment: 3,851)
- TEXAS TECH UNIVERSITY (about 27 miles; LUBBOCK, TX; Full-time enrollment: 22,439)
- WAYLAND BAPTIST UNIVERSITY (about 62 miles; PLAINVIEW, TX; Full-time enrollment: 2,578)
- MIDLAND COLLEGE (about 96 miles; MIDLAND, TX; Full-time enrollment: 2,800)
- EASTERN NEW MEXICO UNIVERSITY-MAIN CAMPUS (about 98 miles; PORTALES, NM; Full-time enrollment: 2,955)
- WEST TEXAS A & M UNIVERSITY (about 109 miles; CANYON, TX; Full-time enrollment: 5,476)
- ODESSA COLLEGE (about 109 miles; ODESSA, TX; Full-time enrollment: 2,555)
Public high school in Ropesville:
- CHOICES ALTER H S (Students: 2; Location: 304 RANCH; Grades: 09 – 12)
Public primary/middle school in Ropesville:
- ROPES SCHOOL (Students: 352; Location: 304 RANCH; Grades: PK – 12)